Flowered Up - Live At The Marquee

Flowered Up,It's On,UK,12

I've been searching for this for years, and by years I mean about fifteen. It's a shortish set recorded for and broadcast live on BBC Radio One back in 1990. Flowered Up had just arrived on a wave of press enthusiasm. I seem to remember them posing on the cover of the NME before they had even released their debut single "It's On" which is not played in this set because the band were sick of hearing it. As much as it's a superb set, in my opinion these versions of the songs are much better than those which eventually appeared on their one and only album "A Life With Brian" in 1991 after signing with major label London Records. 
Sadly front man Liam Maher died in October 2009 and I think this is the way I would want to remember him. 


1. Sunshine
2. Hysterically Blue
3. Silver Pan
4. Phobia
5. Take It From Me If You Want Cos I Ain't Got No Money Go Ans See My Mum She Might Have Some (later shortened to "Take It")
6. Doris Is A Little Bit Partial


Comments

Popular Posts